Thursday, November 08, 2007

The Passion










Earlier this week, I had this email from Izzy :

"It is some excerpts from a book called The Passion, which is the story behind 125 years of Canterbury rugby, and is written by Phil Gifford (a sports writer, he has a weekly column in the Sunday Star Times newspaper, and has written other sports books). It was published in 2004, so is obviously a little out of date. Chapter one is entitled Game Day, and follows Richie on the day of a game - his build up, preparation etc...


This chapter also talks to another couple of rugby players, at different levels of the game (club rugby etc..), so at first appearance you may think I haven't sent you the whole chapter (which I haven't), I have only scanned the relevant pages of the author talking to, or following Richie around - hope that makes sense!


Seeing a little insight in to Richie's day, on game day."


I started to type it but I so slow... I gave up pretty fast! If one of you have some energy left, feel free to share your typing skills (but the scans can be easily read once you've clicked on so no real need to use your skills this time!)

There are many pages, I posted them randomly in the article -sorry!

Here is the correct order :
*page 1 : "It's big-game day...
*page 2 : "Richie Mccaw is still whiling...
*page 3 : "last day of 1980...
*page 4 (very small) : "Three hours...
*page 5 : "We all amble...
*page 6 : "Another focus was to get...
*page 7 : "The Hurricanes have come to...
*page 8 : "it's quite strange watching..."

No comments: