Monday, June 13, 2011

Crusaders coach pays tribute to No 7s

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/5134412/Crusaders-coach-pays-tribute-to-No-7s
JACOB PAGE 13/06/2011 - The Timaru Herald

Crusaders coach Todd Blackadder believes the future of the All Blacks No7 jersey looks bright following his side's 23-16 win over the Blues in Timaru on Saturday night.
Blackadder said he enjoyed the matchup between Matt Todd and Blues openside flanker Luke Braid.

"I thought it was a great battle.
"I thought Matt was a little rusty, but he came to it.
"I thought their boy (Braid) ... was outstanding.
"I think New Zealand is in good heart when it comes to No7s ... I had Richie (McCaw) in the box with me and he could see it for himself.
"I thought they played really well and it's good to see."

The 23-year-old Todd said he always enjoyed playing against 22-year-old Braid, who is the younger brother of former All Black flanker Daniel Braid.

"I came up through the age grades with him, so whenever you can square up against him, it's always a good battle."

No comments: